Resident Evil: Village - rites over monsters and the merchant of items - Famitsu revealed new details of the horror
Horror Resident Evil: Village received a new batch of details in the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu journal.
Twitter user Alex Eniel published an excerpt from the material with a description of all the key information.
- Famitsu confirms that it is Chris who will lead Ethan to a mysterious mountain village. The main character was unconscious in the vicinity, and when he woke up, he went out on the path that led him to the village.
- One screenshot from the magazine shows locals praying in a circle, holding hands. According to the producers, they can do this to protect themselves from danger, but the players will have to find out the truth on their own. Apparently, the population has built monsters into a cult and conducts rituals over them to protect them.
- One of the NPCs will be a local merchant. Players will be able to buy various useful things from him, on which Ethan's survival will depend.
MIA's picture book may be the key to solving the game's plot. It tells a story similar to what Ethan will encounter during his visit to the village.
- Another NPC will be an old shaman with a skull staff. What role it will play in the story is still unknown, but this is clearly not another item seller.
- Monsters can't speak any of the languages, but they behave like a pack / swarm and can even wield weapons.
Resident Evil: Village is scheduled for release next year for the Xbox Series X / S, PlayStation 5, and PC.