4K, DualSense support, and 3D sound: Square Enix has dated the release of the Final Fantasy XIV re-release for the PlayStation 5
Square Enix has dated the updated version of Final Fantasy XIV for PlayStation 5. The release will take place on May 25 at the same time as patch 5.55.
The Final Fantasy XIV re-release for the PS5 will offer faster downloads, 4K support, a high-resolution user interface, support for the DualSense controller's haptic feedback, new trophies, and 3D audio support. The update is currently in open beta testing.
Along with patch 5.55, the game will also feature the second part of the main Death Until Dawn scenario, an update to the Save the Queen quest line, new YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse epilogue quests, and a reward for collecting all Triple Triad cards.
You can play Final Fantasy XIV on the PS5 in three graphical modes.
- With 1080p resolution at 60 frames per second;
- With a resolution of 1440p at 60 frames per second;
- With a resolution of 2160p at a frame rate in the range of 30 to 40 frames per second.
In addition, Square Enix has shared a roadmap for Final Fantasy XIV updates for the coming months:
- May 25 - Update 5.55
- July - Make it Rain
- June - July - Update 5.57
- July - August - update 5.58
- August - Moonfire Faire / The Rising
- September - Return of Final Fantasy XV Collaboration
- November 23 - launch of the Endwalker extension
Final Fantasy XIV is now available on PlayStation 4, PC, and Mac.